Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Durga Pujo, 2009

This year's Durga Pujo was good. It wasnt great fun because one of our "gang" members, my Moon di was down with malaria and stomach infection and thus was hospitalized. We shopped soooo much and she couldnt wear even a single thing that she bought for herself. Also she is my "picture partner", we both can pose for n number of pics and never get tired. She is sooo much fun to be with. (Yes she is my best friend).Anyway she is okay now.

So it was just me, Shubho, Rakesh dada, Tuptup didi, Ronnie and Mumu didi (Moon di's elder sister). All we did was dress up, go to the pandal, eat, do "timepass" and rush to the Vashi pujo at night for dinner. The food was okay there. We wanted to have authentic bengali food like chops, mughlai parantha,phuchka, fries (not french fries) etc etc. I couldnt go pandal hopping though, my parents did and so did Shubho!

Everything was good but I missed Moon didi (we all did!)











5 comments:

Anurag said...

somebody didn't get a mention :(

nice pics though :)

I wonder though if I could wear that dhooti :D

That Woman said...

@ anurag

"somebody" wouldve not liked it if i wudve mentioned abt him!

thank u!

and you know what..you can always wear that "dhooti" but the question is...will you ever wear it? :-p

arvind said...

those r the lovely days..
saw Usha Uthup - singing in a pandal - once upon a time!

That Woman said...

@ Arvind

You are a bengali?

arvind said...

no.. no.. me lived there.. 34, Ezra Street (behind Tea Board..)

that is the very nice city - to live.. me missing it.. (as u attached with Mumabi - me too had an attachment with that city.. me finished my master degree there.. nice college street!! National Library, Victoria, Zoo, Belur, Daksneswar, East Bengal Basket ball court and the vast maidan.. ho.. its those lovely days..)