Monday, June 9, 2008

rains..



Yes the rains are back!!After the hot hot summer its definitely great to have fun of this natural shower.My most peaceful moment is when i sit on my bed and look out of the window (no coffee or tea for me!).The noise of the heavy rains is like music to my ears.I just sit back and love to imagine things and remember the good old days when I,SUPRIYA and SHIVAM used to get wet during rains almost everyday!Even though we used to carry umbrellas and raincoats we never used them.We deliberately splashed the dirty water on each other (by stamping ofcourse..and i know it sounds dirty,but trust me with friends it is FUN!!).Everyday shivam had 'garam vadapav' and i and suppu had 'samosapav with green chutney!'.We were such brats!It used to take me around 1.5 hours to reach home,whereas my tution was just 15 minutes from my house!

Be it whatever,those lovely days cant be replaced!Rain will come and go but that year's rain was so so so special.I never realised it then,but now when i sit back and remember shiver runs down my body..as now i know that that particular year,that particular rain will never come back!NEVER!!

But i know we all need to move on and so have I...

Another thing that i have learnt about rains is that its not just about about going out and getting wet with friends,but its all about realising how much joy one gets from doing it.Its about realising the bond,the love,the romance....

11 comments:

kyamaloom said...

I'm so fuckin glad monsoon arrived.
Lurrvvee it!

That Woman said...

@ sutta..
who doesnt!!!..we all 'luuurvvee it'=p

Xorkes said...

Wow.. Rain.. Thats my fav topic.. Anytime anywhere.. :-)
could relate to your post A Lot. The part where u said, carrying umbrellas but not using it.. Hehe.. That applies even today, when we are considered as grown ups.. Lol
splashing water at each other was definitely Majja :)
i loved playin basketball in d rains or for that matter playing anything in the rains.. It was Extreme fun..
What makes rain special for me(though wierd for many) is catching frogs.. They all seem to appear out of nowhere during d rains and i love catching n releasing them.. Croak, croak! :-)
travelling to college n that knee-level water.. Flip man.. There were hundred reasons for getting wet.. Gosh, i could go on n on..
Seems like m almost blogging here :-)
ok then, enjoy d rains..

That Woman said...

@ xorkes
same to u....and since u r in mumbai...HAPPY RAINS! =)

PJ said...

i like the rains only wen i m at home ....it luks so beautiful...and yeah as far as splashing water on my frnds is concerned i do that too!..:)
i still remember the tym we(me n my frnds) used to get drenched in the rain while coming back home from school..ah! those good old days!

That Woman said...

@pj
you r rite...the good OLD days...!sigh!

Sach1 said...

Rains are so so soooo b'ful...so is your post, blog as well as the pics thr :)

That Woman said...

@ sach

thnk u sooo much! =)

Gentle Whispers said...

I'm not really fond of the rain. It depresses me for some reason. And in my opinion there's nothing worse than being at home alone, when it rains. It instantly gets me low.

Yes, I know I'm weird.

That Woman said...

@ gentle whispers

i guess u go thru SAD!

Gentle Whispers said...

huh? I didn't get what you meant !