Friday, September 26, 2008

LIT....







This year somehow my love for english literature seemed to fade away...and ofcourse i wasnt very pleased with this.Somehow i got swept away with the idea that poetry is very difficult to understand and interpret (duh..how did this thought even hit me..providing poetry is something that i just LOVE to do!).Maybe this was because somehow i chose to remain passive during the literature lectures...ideas and thoughts juggling in my mind..ddnt provide an outlet and secondly maybe because of one of the professors!I dont like her approach towards literature and thus ofcourse her way of teaching!..But ofcourse our other professor is just awesome and i guess its because of her and her perspective towards the subject and the way she deals with it..that my LOVE for this very subject is resumed!

I am happy!yay..!!
Thankyou soooo much ma'am! :D

14 comments:

Scribblers Inc said...

never get out of this..dont even think about it...if you are out of literature, you are out in the open, unarmed...

Scribblers Inc.

That Woman said...

@ scribblers

i totally agree!!

PJ said...

yeah..i like lieterature too...but only to a certain extent.It starts to get on my nerves wen those poems start to sail over my head..:P:P
but otherwise poems are gud.

Anurag said...

I second what Scribbler said.....
You'll regret if you get out !!!

That Woman said...

@ pj

i love poems of all genre...they nvr get on my nerves!..LURVE poetry...love the way the poet pens down his feelings! :D

That Woman said...

@ anurag

i wont get out of lit...seriously it broadens our thinking sooo much..it expands like crazy!

Gentle Whispers said...

That phase happens all the time. The love-hate thing. But professors have a huge part to play. One of my profs was so passionate about the subjects he taught and it came across. I just hope I end up being that passionate about my job one day.

That Woman said...

@ gentle whispers

ofcourse u will be THAT PASSIONATE about ur job!!!
cheers!

and thank u for blogrolling me! :D

ROSA E OLIVIER said...

"love is the one who masters all things."

Mawlãnã Rumi...for you...

Gentle Whispers said...

No need for the thanks. It was a long time coming.

That Woman said...

@ rosa e olivier

i like rumi...his writings are bit complicated...and has deeper meanings than it seems to us...nice!

@ gentle whispers

i take my thank u back..hehe!!

Gentle Whispers said...

Sigh. Kids these days. So rude.

Anonymous said...

Literature..well a lot depends on the way you are taught I guess.. I like poetry and reading..Not exactly classics and stuff, but still I'm a lot better off than a lot of my friends.. Poetry is something I really appreciate in fact, because i've tried it myself..

Sach1 said...

I feel LOVE for lit can never fade...you may stop writing feeling that yu don't write good anymore or anything..and one day, all of a sudden during some lec. you will get that feeling f writing and surely writing a poem :)
hope to see ya soon :))