Friday, April 9, 2010

Single se Ideal Man tak!

These days wherever I go, whoever I meet I am bombarded with just one question which irritates me to the core, and the million dollar question is

''So, are you single?''

Silence.

''So! You are not single? Who is the guy?''

Silence.

''Arey! Bol na! Its no big deal!''

But then I dont want to say whether I am single or not! The fact that I did not pull out THIS one topic clearly should make you realise that I dont want to tell you about my 'relationship' status. You dont say anything and they will assume! You say something and they will definitely assume! People I tell you.

So the other day, when I was on a girly nightout the same topic came up. Now they to some extent have an idea of what I am upto and where exactly I am heading or what is happening in 'my life', but when it comes to the spicy hot topic of 'relationship' status, they too are pretty much lost just the way I am. Now you know why there is a 'silence' followed after the ''are you single'' question, because I simply dont know. I dont know whether I am single or not, neither is there any effort from my side to know about it. With this I am cool, but with what I not-so-cool is that I DONT KNOW about this tiny bit of my life and which is very irritating. I am that kind of a person who needs to know everything, like EVERYTHING! So yes, this one bit is very irritating and annoying. But on the other hand I dont even want to explore. Confused ass! I know.

Anyway another very 'interesting' topic that usually comes up in such nightouts and which did come up in ours too was about 'MY IDEAL MAN'. I mean, all of us (girls) do think about 'that one guy' right? The one who will love us like crazy, will fight for us, will kill that villainous guy who eyes us, will sing for us or dance for us, will make romantic dinners and take us out for dates. When we'll be with them, we are the only one he will be looking at, will make us laugh,cant stand even one tear drop and all the other goodies that you can think of. Right? Mills and Boons. Very.

Even though aware of this ALL of us do picture our guy to be like this. (Now dont say..''huh! I dont!'', cuz you know YOU DO!). No harm though, just that we do face disappointment, because such a guy doesnt exist! Unfortunately, but true.

So realizing this, we start bitching about men, whether he be your brother or boyfriend or best friend. ''MEN ARE SUCH JERKS!''..cracks me up everytime I hear this one line! Haha! They dont seem to get anything. You need to be straightforward with them. ALL THE TIME! Yuck! The word 'hint' doesnt feature in their dictionary. Idiots.

Basically moral of the story is: no prince charming exists! Men are jerks! But still you need them. (Except if you are a lesbian! In that case, woman you are lucky, you love another very intelligent woman, and thus you dont have to go through what we go through.)

Anyway even though I know about all the 'harsh' reality and I mentioned some above, I still am waiting for my 'GERRY KENNEDY'. Just a little hope, that he may exist. Haha

6 comments:

arvind said...

so the answer might be:

1) r u single? - "often.."
2) who's ur man - "it depends on the availability.."

lol..

just enjoyed the modern careless but careful youths..

me just love them..

That Woman said...

@ Arvind

The answers are:

1)Are you single? - *Silence* :-p

2)Who's your man? - " Doesnt depend on the availability! Plenty are 'available', but its about the Right ONE. Maybe I've found him, just need to know little better, with eyes wide open !

Loved your 'modern careless but careful youth' line. Its true :-)

The Rain Crab said...

"They don't exist" Very true!!! Movies should stop showing such guys... its sets our expectations high you know! ;)

Enjoyed reading it!!!
Please give me a tip... how do u maintain the silence??? you really don give hen any answers like "i dunno yaar" or "It's none of ur business dude!" ???

That Woman said...

@ The Rain Club
I know..Mills and Boons, movies, romantics...any genre potray men we can just kill to have! And in reality they are such disasters! :-p

And about the silence...usually its the following way:


Friend: So you dating anyone? Single or wat?
Me: You know what! She/He is dating Him/Her! Can you belive that!
Friend: Whattt!!! Seriously! Tell me more!
Me: (thankgod!)...(then I say something..blah blah blah)
Friend: Arey! But this I know/ No no, this is wrong!
Me: Oh!Is it? Okay!! You know what....(and give some other story...they forget about my status):-p

Lol!

Orelse I just simply say...''Its just the same as it was before''...then leave it on them to decide..'what was it before'..Its actually fun! :-p

btw, thanks!

The Rain Crab said...

ha ha... that was a good one!!! i will follow that from now111 ;)

That Woman said...

@ The Rain Crab

:-)

And sorry for addressing you as the rain Club!!!