Thursday, April 15, 2010

Then and Now..

I was just going through my old posts, and there I stumbled across one of posts : 'My wants'...some things which I wanted back then, in 2008. Its more than 2 years now and I can see that I really do have most of the things that I wanted back then!


1.I wanted my own digital camera, which I have now! :-D (Yeah! Dads are supercool!!)
2.I wanted a new cellphone. I know how much I cribbed for a new one, and everytime I hoped that it should fall and break, best if by my Mom! Mean, I know, but then thats the best way to get a new cellphone without even getting a yelling or whatever! :-p.
Anyway, I now have a really nice phone. No more ''I-want-a-new-phone'' cribbings for another 2 years! See I am a good child!
3.I wanted a laptop. I am still using a desktop.
4.I wanted to change my wadrobe! Successful. To some extent! ;-)
5.I wanted kolhapuri chappals!!!!!!!!..Have them. Silver ones. No no, zyada 'jhatak' nahi hai !! :-p


So it actually feels good that I now have almost all the things that I wanted back then! So, what do I want now? Lets see:

1.I want to pack my bags and just go somewhere far away. Preferably to the North-east. I've always wanted to do that, and I will hopefully do it someday. I need a break. A break from studies, family, friends, 'good friend', people I know, things I know, Bombay. Basically almost everything. I want to go backpacking. Alone.

2.I want to go to Goa. Yes, again. This time with friends, under NO 'ADULT SUPERVISION'. I mean, we all are adults now, we dont need security guards!! I dont know why most of the parents freak out when they hear their child say ''I want to go to GOA!!'' I mean that place is really cool. [Yes yes Rosanne, I know you'll love me for this! ;-)]

3.I want second ear piercings. By the way, I got my nose piercing done! Like finally!

4.Chop my hair short. Like really short and crazy. Just chop it off!!!!!

5.Start working on a certain thing thats there somewhere in the back of my mind. I just need to kick start. Rest will follow I know! (Will disclose about this when the right time comes!)

6.Want to slap/punch SOMEONE really hard and ask ''WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU? WHY DO I SENSE A WEIRD CHANGE IN YOU? WHY WHY WHY?''

7.Start learning a foreign language. Italian, preferably! :-)

8.Buy those 'purple boots'.

9.Steal Ma'am Mendes's wardrobe.

10.Make myself a more happy person! :-)

So, after 'evaluating' whatever I wrote that I want, some are materialistic but some arent. Some are achievable and some arent! My wants have increased and so has the level! Shows the change in me over these 2 years I guess. A drastic one.

PS: I know 'want 1' and 'want 2' are contradicting...but then, who cares! :-p

12 comments:

Untitled said...

Material things wont stay forever, but memories do, so the change is good :)

That Woman said...

So true. I totally agree on the memories part. But then what I always debate is how much change is good!

Untitled said...

I dnt know about that! when I was a kid, I wanted everything that I saw, anything! And now, I am just the opposite..

Unknown said...

...under NO 'ADULT SUPERVISION'. I mean, we all are adults now, we dont need security guards!!..

haha...good one!
seriously, the moment they hear of Goa, all you get to hear is a big NO!!!
My friends and I have been planning four years to go there by ourselves(all girls) and we never really made it to Goa in all these four years!..haha.
Sometimes parents have problems with all girls going to Goa and how unsafe it is.But even if we take along our male friends they have a problem!...I mean dude! Let us go at least once!!

Pj

Sach1 said...

gotcha!!!!
Where have you been???
More imp., how have you been???

Good post! I shall make a list soon...but hey! why italian...go for spanish...mexican men are li'l nice...and even french guys :)

That Woman said...

@ Pavan

Why is it so? Your wants havent doubled? Very saintly I must say :-p

That Woman said...

@ Pj

Goa and parents...bad relationship! Very bad relationship! All girls...mixed gang...any gang! Not allowed. Only if you are a good baccha, you can go..but with mummy-papa only haan! :-p

That Woman said...

@ Sachi

These bloody exams yaar! Kept me 'kind' of busy! Not that I am studying sincerely or anything. I should I know :-(

Anyway...Italian men are also hot, and he can make pizzas for me! :-p
Jokes apart..I dont know why, but I somehow want to learn Italian. French and all is so common!

And do make your list! Its funnn!

Untitled said...

lol..its more like..my "wants" have changed but I cannot buy it with money.. ;) btw, you can only achieve no 10. by doing / having 1. to 9. ?

That Woman said...

@ Pavan

Money cant buy so many things..and I am glad, because I never have enough of it... :-p

And yes, to achieve no.10, I need to achieve no. 1 to 9...but its like Utopia for me right now! :-(
But I am no less a happy person :-)

Untitled said...

:)

btw, no 1 is the koolest thing to do off that list..

That Woman said...

@ Pavan

Thankoooo!!