Sunday, May 9, 2010

Hello there everyone! How are you? Its been quite some days that I havent been blogging (thankgod at this moment its 'days', sometime back it was 'months'!!)

So the annoying reason which kept me away from writing was EXAMS! Yeah, like my friend said before they started ''mazak mazak mein aa hi gaye yeh exams phir se!!'' haha. These exams are such spoilers! And on top of that Mumbai University and its ways, double spoilers. My time table sucked to the core!! And its not like I am done with my exam, I have one more paper left.

29.03.2010 : Practicals
21.04.2010 : Industrial Psychology
22.04.2010 : Cognitive Psychology
26.04.2010 : Counseling
07.05.2010 : Abnormal Psychology
22.05.2010 : Testing and Statistics

I thought graduation will be a cake walk. I realised that its not. Very late, but I did realise!
Another not so good thing that I noticed is that how much ever I study, I dont seem to remember anything before the paper and it drives me maddddd! I mean how will you feel when your mind goes BLANK one day before the paper, and ofcourse revision becomes necessary. And in this case revision means reading the stuff all over again! Damn!!! University exams suck like full on!


Also 24.04.2010 was a good day :-)

16 comments:

pj said...

seriously exams suck!
This reminded me of a page on fb which says.."exams should be discarded out of general lack of interest!" :P

so true na?

That Woman said...

@ PJ

Yeah..all these pages on facebook makes me feel that its normal to have such thoughts!! :-D

Suree said...

exams suck, i agree for that.But there should be something to measure your knowledge right, other wise how can we just say we have finished graduation or anything.. May be they should think of a better alternative..

The schedule of ur exams is the issue.. oh my god March to May :-O .they r really spoilers...

anyways u have a nice blog

That Woman said...

@ Suree

Yes I know that there should be some measure to check on our knowledge. But why do we need to stick to the written exam pattern? Project work, assignments and all are better right? Whats the point in mugging up stuff and puking it during exams? Half of them dont even learn anything. MARKS is what they want! :-p

And see...why I am sooo irritated...the time table is so damn yucky! Mumbai University doesnt like us! :-p

And thank you for visiting and liking my blog! I am diving in yours like right now! :-)

Suree said...

I donno i somehow feel project work works only if people are really interested in doing that... I remember those days of my college where people who bought project outside got a good grade than me who has done it on my own by working day and night to get it done.

lemme put it like this.. "There is no perfect device to measure" what say?

That Woman said...

@ Suree

Yeah maybe. Bas, I dont like exams! No student does! :-p

Untitled said...

Exams do suck! well, I wouldnt say that if you were studying engineering or something, but for psychology? I never had an exam till my final year, and there were just four papers..just assignments, projects..and I was doing engineering!

btw, I liked how you put up a picture of a book that looks scary.lol

That Woman said...

@ PAVAN

Which University/College were you in? Most of my friends are doing engineering and omg..they slog like crazy...ofcourse only during exams...otherwise toh they are the ones who bunk and have most of the fun!!!

About my course..Psychology is NOT easy...requires loads and loads of hard work and one needs to be very regular!

And about the 'scary' pic...that was the motive friend! And thats my textbook, so black and white! :-(

arvind said...

ho my god..
u r the pshchology (that too abnormal pshchology!)student..

u have to teach us -
what is meaning of memeory?
how to remember and rewind?

its not fair mam!!

The Rain Crab said...

Actually.....i realized i can spin stories only in during my graduation examz ;)

Good Ranting! ;)

That Woman said...

@ Arvind

Yes yes I study Psychology :)

Memory is associated with Cognitive Psychology and NOT with Abnormal/Clinical Psychology!

That Woman said...

@ The Rain Crab

Dont you think everything else during exams become very interesting? And that we tend to sleep more during exams? Atleast I do! :-(

Btw thanks! :-)

Untitled said...

I felt that way may be coz i dint do my schooling here..but i dint say Psychology was easy ;)

you sleep more during exams?? no way, the day before the exam would be the day i start reading! lol

That Woman said...

@ PAVAN

Acha? You did your schooling from abroad? And actually NO field is easy! Bloody hard work is expected everywhere :-p

See I sleep during the breaks before the exams and then hate myself one day before the paper, and desperately wish for a time machine! I guess its common for all 'normal' students! :-p

arvind said...

r anethesia related to clinical psychology?

That Woman said...

@ Arvind

No anesthesia is involved in psychology.