Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Some things that I cannot share

There are some things in life that one simply cant share. Its like whatever you do, how much ever you want you just cannot share them. Not even with your parents, your 'chuddy buddies', your best friend, close friends, favourite cousin or your boyfriend or girlfriend. It just doesnt happen, the sharing just doesnt happen. So some things which I cannot, absolutely cannot share are:

1.BOOKS : Yeah! Be it academic or not, I cannot share my books. In the past I did share textbooks and novels and stuff unwillingly but I did share, gave it to people who wanted to read and all that. But then I never got back my books the way I gave them. People would invariably scribble with 'pen' in my textbooks (dirty handwriting!) and novels and story books would come back to me in a torn and tattered condition and I remember some of them werent even returned to me.
I expect people to handle books with care. Books remain with you forever. They are precious! Yes, I am one of those people who goes 'book-shopping' and I know almost all the 'gali-nukkads' where you can get any book under the sky. ANY BOOK. Right way or wrong way, but you do get! (I am not promoting piracy!).
So whenever I see any tattered or torn or a book in a bad condition my heart cries! It really does. So, I've stopped giving/sharing my books to/with anyone.

2.SHOES : People who know me know how shoe-crazy I am. Every second girl is, but I am just a little too much. I buy shoes first and then go hunting for clothes that might go with them, usually its the other way round. I 'maintain' my shoes. I clean them, dry them, keep them in a box after every wear. Almost all my shoes are kept in a box, except for my regular 'oshos' and 'kolhapuri chappals' haha! Now any shoe-lover will agree with me that such maintenance  is mandatory! So after all this how? How can one even think that I can share my shoes with anyone? Or give it to someone to wear it for a day for a party or for some function or for a date! How? What if she trips and breaks the heel? Or what if she spills something on the shoes? Or what if she walks on a real bad road or mud? I am not paranoid. I just cannot share. And I really find it weird when people agree to share or give their shoes. Weird in a good way, and then something in my mind says ''look! look! why cant you do that!''. But then I am not going to do that, ever!

3.RELATIONSHIPS : Any kind, cannot be shared. I am very specific about relationships. I have this need to know where I stand in people's lives, its like a compulsion. I hate any ambiguity when it comes to relationships. And I cannot, again I will mention, ABSOLUTELY cannot share relationships with anyone else. Its not like if you are my friend then you cannot be friends with others (thats so duh!), but its more like you cannot give the position and importance that I hold in your life to someone else. I may not be your priority, I dont care, but whatever space you have allotted for me in your life, that is exclusive and I am not sharing it with anybody. I will vacate, but not share.
So be it family, friends, classmates, acquaintances, best friend, romantic relationship, anything...I am not going to share.

Thats it. See, I cannot share only three things: books, shoes and relationships. Otherwise you want anything I will give or share but not these three things! I am not a very possessive person, I just like my little space :-)

21 comments:

The Rain Crab said...

"I will vacate, but not share."??? wow really???
Isn't tat difficult wen it comes to close relationships!?!??

Good post!!! i like the way u shop for dresses ;) So how many pair of shoes do u hav rite now?

That Woman said...

@ The Rain Crab

Yes, I will vacate but not share. It is difficult for me to share, especially close relationships. I dont look like, but unfortunately I am a very very sensitive person, I just cannot see people who are important to me giving away my space to someone else. It is very difficult to vacate, extremely difficult, but I prefer doing that than sharing. I have done it in the past, and I have coped well, so yeah I will stick to the pattern :-p

And thank you! But my mom doesnt like the way I shop for dresses! Annoys her like crazy! haha!! And about the number of shoes...lets not discuss! :-p

The Great Brown Experiment said...

I'm so with you in all these cases. I don't even share my undies :P But yes your post reminded me to collected my beloved books from my stupid friends who probably haven't even read them!

PULKIT said...

I loved the post.
I am hard on sharing... mobile phones to allow frns to eat up my balance, it really irritates me as one of them keeps doin it...
and ...
then... a few relationship secrets between me and my girl...are never ever meant to be shared anyways...I prefer keeping things concealed between two individuals, other things... I am quite possesive about who is on the steering wheel when we are driving and some other similar logicless passionate claims of mine

That Woman said...

@ Ms.R

Yes, undies..I hope NO one shares them!!!! :-p

That Woman said...

@ Pulkit

Thank you! :-)

About the cell phone thingy...thank god none of my friends do that. But there are a few who actually 'secretly' go through my inbox. It pisses me like hell...I mean why do you want to invade my privacy? I dont read yours, so you dont read mine! If you are sooooo dying to read mine, then ask! Basic manners!

And yeah things that happen in romantic relationships should never be leaked out by either partner without the other one's consent. Such sensitive issues right?

I guess everyone has some weird thing due to which they cannot share somethings! Look at mine...i go bonkers even when the thought that I need to share the mentioned things creeps into my mind! :-p

arvind said...

hello psychology master (!)

- just have this hypothesis..
the person who are loving us - would permit us with tears to share their position with some other else - what you feel abt them?

they are saying - "me nvr want you to miss a beautiful experience in your life"

an unconditional love/

arvind said...

books - ho god!
don't carry the boat..
read and throw -
in the COLLEGE STREET!!

me may escape!!
u r nvr share ur shoes..
in ANY WAY..
who want the pain? lol..

Pesto Sauce said...

I too can't share stuff

1 Shaving blade
2 Bed sheet
3 Undies

To name a few

That Woman said...

@ Arvind

Haha!

That Woman said...

@ Pesto Sauce

You know why I dint mention about ''cant share undies'' because I thought that its obvious! I really hope people dont do that, like EVER! :-p

The Rain Crab said...

I just realized tat i cant stand it if someone drives my bike or even sits on it!

I felt this pang tdy wen my bro was sitting on my bike!!! instantly, i got reminded of ur post! he he... how weird is this?!??!

pj said...

books, shoes and relationships?...really?...I mean the last one is understood but the first two? At first, I thought you meant like sharing secrets and all..:P

That Woman said...

@ The Rain Crab

I am so relieved that everyone has these weird 'I-cannot-share' moments!!! Seriously glad! ;-)

That Woman said...

@ PJ

You can share everything? :-o
You are so nice! Never come in front of my parents! :-p

Untitled said...

sharing is caring. not relationships though.

That Woman said...

@ Pavan

Yeah I know sharing is caring and I show all my caring by sharing everything but these three things! If people think I dont care because I dont share these things then I cant help it! :-p

Untitled said...

you dont care becuse you dont share your shoes! lol..just kidding. there are somethings that i cant share too..secrets!!

That Woman said...

@ Pavan

Yeah you are normal then ;)

Beyond said...

so true, I hate to share my books coz I never get them back.

That Woman said...

@ Rajat

Join the gang ;-)